Sunday, March 5, 2017

Egg Activities to do around Easter!

Around Easter time I like to spend the week doing different fun activities with eggs.  My students especially love when I use those little plastic eggs during the activities! LOL!

Here is one of the activities I like to do each year.  This activity puts a fun twist to the popular scoot game! I fill 24 plastic eggs with different amounts of money. Then, I place an egg on each student's desk. I give each student a recording sheet.  Finally, I have the students walk around the classroom counting the money in each egg.  They write the total amount of money that was in each egg on their recording sheet. Once everyone has finished counting and recording I have the students go back to their desk.  We go around and check our work together.  Each student counts and gives the total amount for the egg on their desk.   This is a perfect, fun activity to do around Easter to practice counting money! 






Click HERE to download my Counting Money Egg Scoot Activity from my TpT Store!

Another egg activity we do is an Easter Egg Hunt in our classroom!  My students LOVE this activity and it's a fun way to practice addition and subtraction facts!
 



I place either addition or subtraction problems in the little plastic eggs.  I hide the eggs throughout the classroom.  The students find an egg, open it, record the problem, and solve it.  Once they are done they will place that egg back where they found it and search for a new one!



Click HERE to download The Great Addition and Subtraction Egg Hunt Activity from my TpT Store!

Here is another egg activity we do.  This is a quick and easy way to review and practice parts of speech.


My students love decorating eggs...so why not let them decorate one and then describe it using adjectives!

Click HERE to download the Noun, Verb, and Adjective Egg Word Sort Activity from my TpT Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment